: Academy kit supervisor
: There are no fixed hours for this role, however it will be a minimum of 37.5 per week. You will be required to work home matchdays and events as required
: Wast Hills Training Ground, Redhill Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 9EL. Other premises as required.
- The management, maintenance, storage and preparation of match and training kit for all academy activities.
- In conjunction with the academy manager and operations manager, to prepare and submit the academy kit order to the head of retail by the order deadline (this includes letters and numbers).
- To print the kit with the correct names and numbers as required.
- Effectively liaise with the head of retail to implement stock management and to ensure it is regularly monitored and maintained.
- The washing, drying and preparation of bibs, training and match kit.
- Distribution of training kit on a daily basis to academy students and staff to the allocated changing area.
- Manage the use and storage of academy training equipment including stock control of ball for U9-U18.
- Collection and laundry of all training kit for players and staff.
- Assist in the day-to-day duties of the kit and equipment department.
- Co-ordinate the distribution of training kit to U9-U16 players as part of the induction programme.
- Preparation of new kit for all players registering on the programme.
- Marking of all kit with the relevant initials for all players and staff.
- Administration of kit and equipment stock levels.
- Monitor the organisation of equipment rooms ensuring all areas are kept tidy and ready for use.
- Assist in the ordering process of kit and equipment as required using the appropriate processes.
- Attendance at academy games.
- To organise all kit and equipment for away travel and the loading of club transport ready for departure.
- Operation of a lost property system.
- Full UK driving licence with ability to drive a small van is essential.
- Previous experience in a football kit environment is preferred.
To apply for this position, please complete an online application form here
. Please remember that once you have completed your application to apply for your chosen role. You will only have to do this once as you will be given a profile with a username and password. The security of your personal details is important to us. We have invested in secure offsite data storage. We ask that you use a very strong alpha numeric password that uses capital letters as well.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role is regarded as a ‘regulated activity’ and is therefore subject to an enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
If you need any assistance completing your application and or you do not have a PC or access to the internet please contact us on 0844 557 1875.
CLOSING DATE: 28 July 2013
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.