Job Title: Commercial Sales Executive
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Birmingham, B9 4RL
Hours of work: 37.5hrs per week
Salary: Circa £18,000 per annum to start (depending on skills), plus commission/benefits
Application Closing Date: Sunday 2 April 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within this unique environment for a Commercial Sales Executive to join our Commercial Department. Based at St. Andrew's Stadium, Birmingham, we are looking for a highly motivated, target driven and determined individual who can demonstrate a proven track record of achieving high level, repeat and new business sales. This role requires tenacious, professional, and business focused individuals with a passion for sales and ideally a knowledge of football (although this is not essential).
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• To attain and exceed personal target set by the Head of Commercial.
• Source & develop new clients by actively selling seasonal facilities, match-to-match packages, advertising & sponsorship and Club events.
• To retain & develop existing customers, through telesales & face to face contact, ensuring that they are aware of all current BCFC events & opportunities within the Club.
• To assist with the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
• To establish & maintain professional working relationships, documenting and processing client’s requirements.
• To monitor developments in football commercial industries and report to the Football Sales Manager & Head of Commercial.
• Other duties as required. The scope of these duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the department and the organisation, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
On matchdays you will be required to work alongside the existing commercial team to ensure smooth delivery of matchdays.
The position requires the combined skills of sales & account management, excellent organisation and planning skills. An ideal candidate will show high levels of motivation and good communication skills. To be suited for this role you should be the type of individual that thrives in a target driven environment and enjoys the competition within a team. Birmingham City’s Commercial Department is a target driven environment in which only those absolutely committed to achieving results should apply.
• A good standard of Education
• Fluent in English Language
• Educated to degree level
• Ability to speak other languages would be useful
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to meet targets and set KPIs
• Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation, and customer service skills is essential
• Ability to identify opportunities, and show initiative
• Able to manage existing customer relationships, and proactively develop new customer relationships
• Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations
• Confident and can influence at all levels
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Manages their own development
• Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent presentation skills that inspire the audience
• Collaborates across the business to come up with new ways of working
• Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills
• Commercially driven and financially astute
• Experience in sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques
• Worked within football previously
• Role models good team behaviour
• Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others
• A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with a background in target driven sales environments and good organization skills also essential
• High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
• Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Successful applicants will be invited to Birmingham City Football Club, St. Andrew’s Stadium for interview and will be required to deliver a presentation.
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, contributory pension, life assurance two x salary, free car parking, free gym membership, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you are offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
Anyone interested should apply online at the following link here
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.