The Football Development and Education College is open to Year 11 pupils who are current playing regular competitive football.
During the two-year course, students will combine studying for a BTEC qualification, along with playing football at a high level.
Students will benefit from…
• First class training and playing facilities at BCFC's Wast Hills Training Ground - including access to grass pitches, 4G pitch and the dome.
• UEFA A qualified coaching staff - all ex professional players
• The opportunity to play in the prestigious National Football Youth Development League where all teams are part of professional football clubs
• Study at St. Andrew's Stadium with dedicated lecturing staff
• Transport provided to games, the training ground and to lectures after training.
• Full BCFC training kit (players will pay a contribution to the kit)
• The chance to represent Birmingham City FC in the USA at the illustrious Dallas Cup
• You will study either the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport or BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport dependant on your GCSE grades
• GCSE Maths and English resits
Former players have progressed to…
• Professional playing careers including at international level
• Semi-professional football contracts playing at National League level and below
• Sports Scientists at professional clubs
• USA Soccer Scholarships
• UK Universities; including Loughborough University, University of Birmingham, Cardiff University and Birmingham City F.C’s degree in partnership with the University of South Wales
• Employment with Birmingham City FC and other professional football clubs
To apply you need to be…
• In Year 11 at school
• Playing regular competitive football
• Be hard working and disciplined on the football pitch and in the classroom
Places are limited, so please download and complete the application form from here as soon as possible and scan and return it to email@example.com or post to the Community Dept, Birmingham City FC Community Trust, St. Andrew's Stadium, B9 4RL.