Due to an unexpected delay caused by the discovery of further necessary repair work, the Kop and Tilton will remain closed for our Sky Bet Championship fixtures with Stoke City and Bournemouth.
The Club is working with its contractors with the aim of reopening these areas in time for our match with Derby County on 10 September.
However, we acknowledge that previous timeframes have not been met and therefore it would be irresponsible to set a final date for reopening.
Please rest assured that we will be doing everything in our power to find a swift and satisfactory solution that will allow you all back as soon as is safely possible.
We understand the magnitude of this announcement, and with safety remaining the Club's priority, it is not something we have taken lightly.
Season Ticket Holders
Season ticket holders in the Upper Kop and Upper Tilton will automatically be entered into a ballot for the remaining available seats in the Gil Merrick and Main Stand.
We have 7,311 season ticket holders located in the Upper Kop and Upper Tilton. There are currently 3,346 seats available in the Gil Merrick and Main Stand for the Stoke City fixture and 4,613 available for the Bournemouth game.
If you are unsuccessful in the ballot for Stoke City tickets, you’ll be guaranteed a ticket for our game against Bournemouth on Wednesday 18 August.
This means that season ticket holders are guaranteed to attend at least one of the next two fixtures.
Additionally, you will be issued a pro-rata refund, paid within 30 days, for each fixture you are unable to attend.
If you are successful in either ballot but do not wish to take up the offer of a seat in the Gil Merrick or Main Stand, you are entitled to a full refund.
Supporters who purchased a season ticket with cash are required to email the Ticket Office who will communicate the process for cash refunds.
Supporters who have purchased a match ticket for either the Stoke City or Bournemouth games, in any area of the stadium, will unfortunately have their ticket cancelled and will receive a full refund within 30 days.
Due to the limited capacity in the Main Stand and Gil Merrick, the Club have to prioritise our season ticket holders.
If you are a corporate client, you will be contacted by the commercial team within the next 24 hours to discuss the various options available to you.
Board Director, Edward Zheng, commented: “We are hugely frustrated to have received this news at such late notice.
“Our supporters have been looking forward to returning to St. Andrew’s for a considerable amount of time and we as a Club have been preparing to welcome them home.
“Tickets were sold on the understanding that fans in these areas would be able to attend our fixtures and I cannot express enough, our disappointment at not being able to have you all back.
“But I also know that this frustration pales into insignificance when it comes to the anger and disappointment you will all be feeling.
“Safety is our number one priority and I can assure supporters that the necessary work will be done as quickly as possible in anticipation of the safe return of our spectators.”